The Village of Harvey
Visit us on Facebook! Village of Harvey and Harvey Community Days!
Community Days Website: harveycommunitydays.com
The Harvey/McAdam Wellness Network and Community Calendar:
E-mail Amber Binney at the Village Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
HUMIDEX INFORMATION STATEMENT (NBEMO)
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:01 AM
HUMIDEX INFORMATION STATEMENT FOR REGIONS OF NEW BRUNSWICK ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA AT 5:02 AM ADT WEDNESDAY 27 MAY 2015.
A VERY WARM AND HUMID AIRMASS WILL GIVE HUMIDEX VALUES OF 35 TO 39 OVER ALL REGIONS OF THE PROVINCE ON WEDNESDAY WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FUNDY COAST.
ON THURSDAY LOWER HUMIDEX VALUES ARE EXPECTED.
Range of humidex: Degree of comfort
- Less than 29: No discomfort
- 30 to 39: Some discomfort
- 40 to 45: Great discomfort; avoid exertion
- Above 45: Dangerous; Heat stroke possible
Heat and Humidity Safety
- It is important to stay safe during such extreme temperatures. Avoid working or exercising intensely if it is very hot or humid outside, and head for cooler conditions if your body becomes overheated. If working outdoors is an absolute necessity, drink plenty of liquids and take frequent rest breaks. Be sure to maintain salt levels in your body and avoid high-protein foods. Also ensure that pets are protected from the heat and have plenty of water to drink. Watch for signs of serious medical conditions, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
NB Emergency Preparedness Guide
Revised NB Emergency Preparedness Guide - NB Emergency Measures Organization (PDF)
Heritage Week Proclamation
Heritage Week Proclamation (PDF - 1 MB)
Harvey Region Dial-a-Ride
Effective Oct 1st. 2014
We are now taking rides as they come to us. If you need a ride, fill in the form on this site and we will call you to book a home visit, review our policies and offer you a membership.
Members save on travel costs. Three trips to Fredericton, at our reduced fee, returns the membership cost.
Winter Heating Tips (NBEMO.OFM)
Provincial Fire Marshal Doug Brown did some interviews recently with some really good information and I wanted to pass this on, perhaps you all could do the same.
- Providing support in the home and community
- Assistance with personal care
- Assistance with activities in the community (volunteering, recreational activities, swimming, errands)
- Encouraging independence
- Respecting and encouraging the individuals’ interests and goals
- Respecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality
Must be caring, outgoing, flexible, and understand the value of inclusion
Needs current (within past 3 months) Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector) and willing to complete Dept. of Social Development Prior Contact check.
Rate of pay: $12.00 /hour
Every Thursday evening, Tuesday at lunch to assist with recreation activity, occasional Saturdays and various week nights as needed.
Please send resume with 3 work-related references by responding to this post, or by fax 453-4422, Attention Tiffany
August 6-9, 2015
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
From: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), Jan. 29, 2013
Dear Winston Gamblin:
It is my pleasure to inform you that the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has selected you to receive a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal in honour of the contributions you have made to your community and to all of Canada. Your medal has been sent to you directly from the Governor General of Canada and should arrive soon.
Your peers in local government across the country admire your accomplishments as a community leader, and congratulate you on earning this prestigious award.
2013 Village Levee
If you would like anything changed or added to the Village of Harvey website, contact Amber Binney at 366-6240 or by e-mail at: email@example.com.
View Larger Map