The Village of Harvey
Visit us on Facebook! Village of Harvey and Harvey Community Days!
Community Days Website: harveycommunitydays.com
The Harvey/McAdam Wellness Network and Community Calendar:
E-mail Amber Binney at the Village Office: email@example.com
WEATHER WARNING NBEMO
On Monday, February 23, 2015 9:17 AM
EXTREME COLD WARNING FOR: NEW BRUNSWICK.
A PERIOD OF VERY COLD WIND CHILLS IS EXPECTED.
IN THE WAKE OF A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE ON MONDAY MODERATE NORTHWEST WINDS WILL USHER IN A COLD AIR MASS TO THE MARITIMES GIVING EXTREME WIND CHILLS VALUES OF MINUS 35 TO MINUS 40 OVERNIGHT MONDAY INTO TUESDAY MORNING.
WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHING.
- ALWAYS WEAR CLOTHING APPROPRIATE FOR THE WEATHER. SYNTHETIC AND WOOL FABRICS PROVIDE BETTER INSULATION. SOME SYNTHETIC FABRICS ARE DESIGNED TO KEEP PERSPIRATION AWAY FROM YOUR BODY WHICH KEEP YOU DRY AND FURTHER REDUCE YOUR RISK.
- DRESS IN LAYERS WITH A WIND RESISTANT OUTER LAYER. YOU CAN REMOVE LAYERS IF YOU GET TOO WARM (BEFORE YOU START SWEATING) OR ADD A LAYER IF YOU GET COLD.
- WEAR WARM SOCKS, GLOVES, A HAT AND SCARF IN COLD WEATHER. BE SURE TO COVER YOUR NOSE TO PROTECT IT.
- IF YOU GET WET, CHANGE INTO DRY CLOTHING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. YOU LOSE HEAT FASTER WHEN YOU'RE WET.
EXTREME COLD WARNINGS ARE ISSUED WHEN VERY COLD TEMPERATURES OR WIND CHILL CREATES AN ELEVATED RISK TO HEALTH SUCH AS FROST BITE AND HYPOTHERMIA.
ENVIRONMENT CANADA METEOROLOGISTS WILL UPDATE ALERTS AS REQUIRED.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH WEATHERADIO OR YOUR LOCAL MEDIA. EMAIL REPORTS OF SEVERE WEATHER TO WEATHERASPC(AT)EC.GC.CA OR CALL 1-877-815-9900.
YOU MAY TWEET REPORTS USING THE HASHTAG (HASH)NBSTORM.
Heritage Week Proclamation
Heritage Week Proclamation (PDF - 1 MB)
Winter Heathing Tips (NBEMO.OFM)
Provincial Fire Marshal Doug Brown did some interviews recently with some really good information and I wanted to pass this on, perhaps you all could do the same.
Harvey Region Dial-a-Ride
Effective Oct 1st. 2014
We are now taking rides as they come to us. If you need a ride, fill in the form on this site and we will call you to book a home visit, review our policies and offer you a membership.
Members save on travel costs. Three trips to Fredericton, at our reduced fee, returns the membership cost.
- Providing support in the home and community
- Assistance with personal care
- Assistance with activities in the community (volunteering, recreational activities, swimming, errands)
- Encouraging independence
- Respecting and encouraging the individuals’ interests and goals
- Respecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality
Must be caring, outgoing, flexible, and understand the value of inclusion
Needs current (within past 3 months) Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector) and willing to complete Dept. of Social Development Prior Contact check.
Rate of pay: $12.00 /hour
Every Thursday evening, Tuesday at lunch to assist with recreation activity, occasional Saturdays and various week nights as needed.
Please send resume with 3 work-related references by responding to this post, or by fax 453-4422, Attention Tiffany
August 6-9, 2015
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
From: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), Jan. 29, 2013
Dear Winston Gamblin:
It is my pleasure to inform you that the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has selected you to receive a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal in honour of the contributions you have made to your community and to all of Canada. Your medal has been sent to you directly from the Governor General of Canada and should arrive soon.
Your peers in local government across the country admire your accomplishments as a community leader, and congratulate you on earning this prestigious award.
2013 Village Levee
If you would like anything changed or added to the Village of Harvey website, contact Amber Binney at 366-6240 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Larger Map